14.1.12

Girl After My Own Heart

While hardly a girl at age 58, Cindy Sherman is definitely one of my favorite artists ever. She's a photographer who designs and stars in all of her own shots! She did some crazy cool photo portraits in the '70s! She once dated Talking Heads frontman David Byrne! 

And who knew she hung out with some of the movers and shakers in high fashion? Hey, I had no clue. Read about Cindy here in this month's issue of Harper's Bazaar!

One of my favorite photos from Cindy Sherman's "Untitled Film Stills" series, 1977-1980.
Ex-power couple Cindy Sherman and David Byrne.
I got this shit mailed to my house, since I'm that lucky girl who still receives her magazine subscriptions via snail mail. And I read the article at a coffee shop. And at the coffee shop, there was a silent film playing on the wall that nobody was watching. It was just there, like a monocle, totally pointless and apparently cool. Nobody ever said my life isn't sometimes like a hilariously bad indie movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment