6.2.12

Tag, You're It

Today's agenda: endorsing brands!

Who cares about brands when you're vintage shopping or thrifting? Errrrybody!

Why? When you're out thrifting, you're bound to run into old brands that have retired to a quiet obscurity at your neighborhood secondhand shop. Consider yourself in the presence of some pretty rad kitsch. 

On the other hand, if you're like me, you won't collect just the rad old brands. You'll also end up stocking your closet with vintage mom-brands like Jones New York and Karen Scott. These brands are still current. If you're a mom.


Ever had a moment when you were looking at a clothing item with interest and then recoiled in horror because you realized it was maternity? One of those, oh crap, did anyone spy me checking out those mommy clothes? It's a bummer, my friend. Keep reading if you have, Liz Lemons, because there's a good chance this one's for you.

Here are some fascinating brand names that no longer exist, except in my heart. And my closet.


Whenever I wear this polyester tank top, I'm safe in the knowledge that I'm not just wearing knitwear. Oh no. I'm wearing knitwear WITH CLASS. 


I love this shirt. And I love that some guy with a name like Malettor Cross made it with tender loving care. If I ever write a romance novel, the cast of characters will include a hot villain named Malettor Cross who manufactures women's clothing. And breaks their hearts. And maybe eats them.


Papell Boutique? Is that an accent over the e? Sounds classy to me! I bought this sequin top without trying it on. That's how hardcore serious I am about sequins. 


Alfred Dunner is the shiz. That's pretty much all I have to say about that.


Stenay, eh? Man, sequined shirts with accented brands must have been a thing in the '80s. 


Jamesons! I just think the tag design is cute. And I love the intense acid wash on this denim skirt.


I saved the best for last! Oh baby, did I. The best part about this clothing item: that is a lingerie top, my friends. And it is a size 18. And I do not own it. But I found it at my local Salvo Army. And there it remains.

2 comments:

  1. Magda! I have absolutely looked at maternity clothes. And then cried.
    Can I pay you to thrift me work clothes? I'm not super good at it, but I did buy a "vintage" Ralph Lauren blazer for 19 dollars. Working my way up the corporate fashion ladder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. malettor Cross is my deceased mother.who you know nothing about. This is very offensive.

    ReplyDelete