8.11.11

Looking Dumb, Keeping Warm

Wearing ridiculous clothing items to keep warm is one of my favorite things to do, and is one of the guiding principles of this blog. After all, since I buy most of my clothes secondhand, I've made it a habit to traffic in bizarre and outdated styles.

But how about when commercial fashion comes up with silly garments for keeping warm? Even better!

To me, the prime example of a ridiculous winter clothing item is the fur vest.

Would you invest in this, fur real? Via instyle.com.
Fur is classy. It's classic. But when it's just a vest, I don't see the point. It's gotta be a gratuitious fashion item, because there's no way a fur vest keeps a person all that warm. Gratuitious but classy? Actually, that sounds like my bottom line.

Alright then. I also used the powers of the Internet to look up some upscale department stores and scoped out what a whole gamut of fashion lines are carrying for their winter apparel. The absurdest of the bunch? The definite winner (in a not-really-fair contest) was Ralph Lauren's menswear collection for Winter 2011. Ch-ch-check out all dem silly swettas:

It is a genuine art, okay, to look this manly while wearing a sweater emblazoned with a lobster, or a reindeer, or whatever the heck that thing is. Via ralphlauren.com.
Well, color me plaid, if sex appeal doesn't wear a bowtie and knitwear, then Ralph Lauren took a helluva risk on their ad campaign this season. Via ralphlauren.com.
All I want for Christmas is a Mongolian lamb vest and a fox fur capelet, and a Ralph Lauren model snuggled up in a holiday sweater and sprawled in front of my fireplace. Just kidding, what I really want is a pony.

No comments:

Post a Comment