15.8.11

Look At This Frugal Love Connection

Could there be anything more romantic than white lace? Especially when it's an Ann Taylor white lace leotard dug out of a large plastic bin at Goodwill?


Well, yeah, I can think of a lot of things more romantic. Such as this:

This is my best American Apparel impression. And what's this? Duh, an Ann Taylor leotard tucked into a pair of high-waisted, acid-washed Palmetto's jeans. Could this ensemble be tantamount to holy matrimony? Well, glory, glory, Hallelujah, I'll tell you what: these jeans are like a denim corset.

And if you do a quick Google search, you'll discover that Palmetto's, once upon the 1980's, was a brand that many a denim-lover depended upon for looking fit.

However, as I'm sure you recall from, like, 2005, high-waisted jeans could easily go the way of mom jeans. Now, our favorite comedienne Tina Fey poked fun at jeans that suit the maternal figure, but what about mom jeans worn by young, non-lactating (made you squirm!) ladies?


Hey now, you say, high-waisted mom jeans are a hipster icon.  Well, lest you pooh-pooh this entire outfit as hipster trash, I say: no lace-up ankle boots for me, I'm wearing camel-colored platform wedges (Report brand) retrieved from the Salvo Army.

Ironic fashion? Oh, no, sir. You can bet the acid in my wash that I'm very serious about these jeans.  And I wear that buckle-me-down-low leotard with utmost sincerity. And no one's more an honest Abe than me when I struggle into those wedges. Put 'em all together, and that's what I call an inspired match.

2 comments:

  1. i basically love this and your style! you should send me something via old fashioned mail!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, shucks! Thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete