28.9.11

Are Kisses Out Of Fashion?

Ahem. Have you written your End of September Sartorial Resolutions yet? Well, I have:

1. Don't be shy about animal print. Bring those zebras and leopards out into the light of day.

2. Incorporate more leather and denim into outfits in integrative, upwardly mobile ways.

3. Expand boot collection.

4. Wear more yellow.

5. If it has animals on it but doesn't need animals on it in order to be the thing that it is, then buy it.

6. Pretend to understand fashion by making up fashion vocab. Refer to Resolution #2.

7. Don't just wear clothes like some kind of illiterate priss, read about them.

Sometimes you have to be tough with yourself. I've already gotten started on Resolution #7!

I am reading this book, Nylon: The Story of a Fashion Revolution by Susanna Handley.

It's about the wonder that is 20th century synthetic materials.

Super exciting, no? Plus I'm gonna study plastics in grad school.

Kidding.




PS. I found out that back in the '70s, I was on the cover of a German fashion magazine called Stern. I'm the girl on the far right in the red leather hot pants. (Yup. Just last year, I had that haircut, then I grew out my bangs and went blonde.)

My model past: magazine cover from Nylon: The Story of a Fashion Revolution

No comments:

Post a Comment